Duh! Shoe shopping, or to be more specific in my case shoe “looking.” I get heart palpitations just thinking about the FFANY (NY Fashion Footwear Association) trade show I recently attended. I happily spent the day scoping out the latest spring styles and footwear trends.
Pastels were a major trend in dressy as well as casual styles and sandals. Nautical inspirations, bold florals stood out as did hot bursts of color (think yellow and shots of neon bright shades), while textures such as snake prints and touches of cork added a sophisticated touch. For more conservative shoppers creamy neutral tones in buttery soft leathers and suede look good.
Unfortunately there’s no end in sight to sky high platforms and wedges, but at least the chunkier heel is back in fashion. Never fear though, ballet flats, espadrilles, loafers and sporty oxfords have attained classic status.
I could go on and on about all the gorgeous stuff I saw but instead I’ve decided to narrow my list down to a single pair of shoes from each of the brands I personally (in my dreams) want to shop, so here goes:
- MATISSE’s neon bright canvas lace-up platform espadrille;
- ATHENA ALEXANDER’s woven leather thong on a cork sole;
- The retro inspired lace-up pointy toed oxfords with contrast color piping and laces from BRONX;
- DIBA’s cork ballet flat with patent toe cap;
- NINE WEST’s perfect round toe pump in a bright floral patent;
- BRUNATE’s ladylike tasseled moccasin in stamped camel/putty/yellow suede;
- ARA’s perfect yellow driving loafer;
- The pale pearlized suede ballerina by Aussie brand BLOch;
- CLAUDIA CIUTI’s woven leather ankle strapped low wedge sandal with back zip;
- MANAS’s darling blue suede ankle boot with elastic gussets;
Photo Credit: ebp studio
- Adreamy yellow linen Mary Jane flat with matte snake strap from MUGNAI;
Photo Credit: ebp studio
- DIZZY’s black patent jelly ballerina with white camellia trim;
- FRENCH SOLE’s take on the iconic Roger Vivier buckled flat in white, blue or beige with gold tone buckle and sculpted heel;
- FRATELLI ROSSETTI’s leather “penny loafer” inspired thong sandal with gold tone hardware detail and finally
- The nautical navy/white tie front skimmer by ROCKPORT.
In case you didn’t notice, There is no mention of sky high stiletto platform shoes, (since I have fabulous taste), but if you want to kill yourself while looking club footed, be my guest.
P.S. If you can’t wait that long check out the great looking dalmatian patterned hair calf ballerinas and ankle booties in store RIGHT NOW at JOE FRESH at 1055 Mad Ave! Happy shopping kiddies.